The innovative device fits simply and easily to a full-face helmet and displays customisable information in the natural line of sight of the rider – allowing riders to keep their eyes ahead.
Seamlessly bringing together the functions of a motorcyclist’s navigation, communication, media player and HD action camera into a single device, the NUVIZ includes a glove-friendly wireless handlebar controller that offers intuitive control of the various functions.
- Head-Up Display – the patented NUVIZ HUD creates an image in the rider’s line of sight, giving them access to customisable information including driving conditions and maps. The Liquid Crystal On Silicon (LCOS) micro display offers crisp and vibrant full colour in all lighting conditions.
- Navigation – an included GPS function and global offline maps allow riders to select routes and destinations and receive turn-by-turn instructions, view zoomable maps and more. All maps are included for free – so no need to buy additional maps depending on where you plan to ride.
- HD action camera – the built-in camera captures photos up to 8MP and HD videos up to 1080p/30fps. Photos are saved to the rider’s smartphone via Bluetooth and videos recorded directly onto a microSD card – not included. Housed on a ball joint, the angle of the camera can be adjusted easily and the HUD allows for a ‘live view’ to align the camera after being attached to the helmet mount. The device includes an ambient light sensor that automatically adjusts the brightness.
- Communication – the integrated headset and microphone allow riders to make and receive phone calls and provide narration on videos. Compatible with most major brand Bluetooth enabled headsets, NUVIZ users can pair and communicate with others too.
- Music – the integrated headset means that NUVIZ riders can listen to music on the go.
The wireless controller can be mounted in a variety of ways depending on the user’s preference or type of motorcycle and the base-plate system means it can be easily transferred between motorcycles.
A protective carry bag keeps key components together when removed from the motorcycle and helmet.
The NUVIZ pairs with a dedicated smartphone app – available both for Android and iOS devices – which allows riders to play routes and save favourite riders, access photos captured on the device and view riding statistics captured by the NUVIZ sensors. Users can also share the information directly to social media. The App allows for easy – and free – updates and integration of the new NUVIZ features as soon as they are added.
Compatible with most existing traditional full-face helmets, the NUVIZ device attaches to a low-profile base-plate – designed to allow the device to detach in the case of an accident of fall – which adjusts to the user’s right eye that still allows for small tweaks after installation to ensure the ultimate view.
The HUD combiner optic is fully replaceable and additional accessory mounting kits allow for one NUVIZ device to transfer to different helmets and controllers to different motorcycles.
NUVIZ, the first integrated HUD technology available to the riding public, is currently available in the US and Europe via www.rideNUVIZ.com – with sales in other regions to be announced later this year.
As the future of vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-infrastructure (V2V & V2I) communications is developed by governments and the global automotive and powersports industry, NUVIZ expects continuing development and future integration opportunities that will benefit all riders. Future connectivity into the motorcycle electronics and advanced safety sensors that will soon become standard also represents a key area of NUVIZ R&D efforts.
Available from rideNUVIZ.com for €699/£615
Free shipping, 30-day returns policy and one-year warranty as standard